26 February 2015

So I guess I'm a quilter?

I was talking to my buddy Brent the other day and was inspired to see how many quilt tops I had. At that point I had 5 tops finished and 2 in the works. So I guess I'm a quilter, eh?

That was about when I started putting this quilt up on the frame, which is my goal for the month. I decided then that I wouldn't do any of the "quilting" (tying) but rather let the kids do it all. I helped a little of course, a little less as time went on, so this is the kids' quilt. They can do with it as they please. I want to encourage them to give to someone we know in need but I don't know who yet. I just finished the binding yesterday!

Russ did most of the tying.


I had to help Jo the most. 

So for the month of February: GOAL! I haven't started designing the monkeys yet so hopefully I can get the 30 done next month. Once I get going they go pretty fast. It's just the getting going part that sucks. 

Also, here is my current assignment for the QAL. I finished it the night it was posted but didn't want to do another post just for it. I think I missed the deadline for getting into the drawing for the week but meh, whatever. 

And just for the fun of it, I put another quilt on the frame. Want to get as many WIPs out of that room as I can, and I prefer them to be done when I do! 

There is very little prettier than a quilt stretched on the frame, even if it is surrounded by kids' toys and garbage.

So yeah, 3 quilts just in this one post. Quilter? I think it's official.



2 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great!! Way to get them done so quick and fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Such special memories for the little ones, too.

    ReplyDelete