27 March 2014

ALYoF: March complete! April goals.

So I finished my quilt for the ALSA Battle with Flowers Fiesta Event but not in time for this year. But they have the event every year so I will still be sending it in to them. I don't even get to go this year so it's just as well, right? It's always more satisfying to send stuff in when you get to go and see it up for auction and keep obsessively checking to see how much it is going for, right?

I'm not perfectly happy with the results of this quilt, but I did learn a lot. Every time I see it, though, all I see are my mistakes. *sigh*


It's all hand quilted, mostly by myself. I tell ya, at one point I just stopped mid-stitch and lay down in the sunshine on the floor with the dog. It sucked doing this all by myself with a deadline! I had a couple people come help but not enough, I say! 

So there is my Lovely Finish for the Month of March. Now I will tell you my goals for April! I have lots of them! Lots of motivation to get them done, too. Here's the list:

Picnic quilt top: By Wednesday, Apr 2 I have to have this done in time to get entered into the drawing for the 4 $75 gift certificates. YES PLEASE! Thank you HQMelissa! I'm over a month behind, ugh. I can do it! Kids, leave me the hell alone until Wednesday, right?

Hoop: I am currently in a hoop swap and have to have this hoop done by April 14th. Have plans. We'll see how they pan out. 

Temple Dresses for the girls: We were planning to get sealed next weekend in the San Antonio temple but plans have changed. Now we're shooting for the end of May, near our original wedding date. Yay! I still need to alter my wedding dress for it but more than that I want to make dresses for the girls, maybe a suit for the boy, but the dresses I want to have done by the end of April.

Pillows: To send with the quilt above to the auction next year I have 2 single blocks made that I am going to quilt and make into pillows! I'm not looking forward to it but my goal is to get them done by the end of April too. That's my official goal. I have the other 2 goals that have date but this one is officially my April ALYoF goal. Woo! Look, here's a picture of the blocks:

Monkeys: I sell sock monkeys at the farmer's market in the summer. I have well over 100 monkeys in different stages all around my house. Seriously, I was trying to keep them contained in the craft room but not only did we have to move lots of shtuff out of there because of upstairs plumbing issues, but there are so many monkeys I can't keep them all in there! Some are in the living room, some are in the "common area" outside the craft room, some are even in the ballroom stairwell! They are all in all stages from cut socks to finished monkeys, though I'll be honest: not very many are completely finished. My last goal for the month of April is to get them all at least to the Hooker stage, which is what I call them when they just need faces. Faceless bodies = hookers. So I have some to sew, some to stuff, and a bunch to assemble, my least favorite step. I want to start designing faces May 1st. That's the plan. I'm excited. 

And those are my goals! I'm not allowed to start cleaning up my craft space, or the space outside of it, or the office, or work on anything else until those things are done. Let's hope I don't burn out first. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment